1. Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a
baby. Position right fore finger and thumb on either of side of catís mouth and
gently apply pressure to cheek while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens
mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm
and repeat process.
3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
4. Take new pill from foil wrapper and cradle cat in the left arm holding
rear the paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of
mouth with right fore finger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Pull spouse
6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, holding front and
rear paws. Ignore low growl emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold catís head firmly
with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and
rub cats throat vigorously.
7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrapper. Make
note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figures
from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with its head just
visible from below spouseís armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw; force
catís mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.
9. Check the label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of
water to take taste away. Apply bandage to spouses forearm and remove blood from
carpet with cold water and soap.
10. Retrieve cat from neighbours shed. Get another pill. Place the cat in
cupboard and close door on to neck to leave just the head showing. Force mouth
open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.
11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold
compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw T-shirt
away and fetch new one from bedroom.
12. Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologise to
neighbour who crashed into fence whilst swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill
from foil wrap.
13. Tie catís front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to
leg of dining table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Force catís mouth
open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet
steak. Hold head vertically and pour pint of water down throat to wash pill
14. Get spouse to drive you to hospital; sit quietly while doctor stitches
finger and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Stop by furniture
shop on way home to order new table.
15. Arrange for RSPCA to collect cat.